What to expect as a trustee
School trustees have a very important role in making sure every child achieves their potential at school.
Here are some of the things they do:
- Work with the principal and consult with staff, students and the community.
- Set the educational goals and strategic direction of the school.
- Monitor progress and let parents know how the school is progressing against its annual targets and how well students are achieving.
- Decide how the school’s funding will be spent.
- Select the school’s principal and support the development of all staff.
- Oversee the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration
How do you prepare for this?
There are a number of ways that you can prepare or develop the skills required. Check out our professional development programmes.