Job Description RTLB Cluster Manager
Manager Job Description (docx)
TITLE: CLUSTER MANAGER (CM)
Purpose of the Position:
To manage and lead, on a day to day basis, the Resource Teacher: Learning and Behaviour (RTLB) cluster on behalf of the schools, staff and students in that cluster.
To the board of the employer school through the employing principal (EP).
These include the RTLBs and their practice leaders (PLs), the employing and other principals, representatives of the Ministry of Education, community and other key personnel essential to promoting and achieving appropriate professional standards.
Description of the Position:
The CM's responsibilities include:
- providing professional management expertise;
- working in the interests of all cluster schools and its community;
- enhancing the credibility of the RTLB service; and
- putting in place systems that ensure the delivery of a high-quality service, including performance appraisals and professional development and the fulfilment of the lead school's good employer obligations.
The CM will
- ensure coordination of school access to the full range of RTLB support, according to student and teacher needs;
- optimise the efficient and consistent use of RTLB and other specialist knowledge and skills;
- ensure there are RTLB service specialists reflecting identified needs of the community including support for Maori and Pacifika students, ASD, Secondary, etc.;
- ensure a high degree of collaboration with Ministry of Education, Special Education and other agencies;
- facilitate collegial working relations with all principals and key personnel in the cluster;
- ensure the cluster is responsive to the community's views;
- work with RTLB PLs and RTLBs so as to promote: professional standards; continued professional learning; good record keeping; the implementation of a cluster-wide referral system; developing policies and procedures consistent with the access principals; front line services; and practice by the RTLB Policy and
- develop a 3-5 year cluster strategic plan for the RTLB service together with an annual implementation and action plan in collaboration with the Cluster Advisory Group (CAG) so as to meet the needs of target students;
- ensure that systems are in place to monitor the outputs of RTLBs and of the cluster as a whole, and report the same each term to the EP and annually to the EP, Ministry and all schools in the cluster in a prescribed format; and
- negotiate as required RTLB site agreements with satellite schools, including suitable accommodation arrangements, administrative support and reasonable and site overhead costs.
Financial Management and Reporting
The CM will operate within the cluster annual budget as a set and varied by the Board, be accountable to the lead/employing school principal for expenditure against cluster targets and provide the principal with a monthly financial report.
The CM will ensure appropriate performance appraisals, professional development and supervision and support for RTLBs, and consult with the CAG on practice and employment issues.
The CM should have:
- a New Zealand teacher's registration;
- significant leadership budget, and management experience;
- a good understanding of RTLB practice;
- a commitment to biculturalism, understand and be willing to work with the Treaty of Waitangi, be culturally responsive to meeting the needs of Maori students and students in Maori medium settings and the needs of students from other cultures, and understand and empathise with the kaupapa of cluster schools;
- a commitment to working collaboratively with teachers, parents local schools, iwi and other key stakeholders;
- excellent communication and liaison skills;
- leadership and experience in change management; and
- leadership current clean full drivers' license and be prepared to use own vehicle for work.