What are MMAs not intended for?
The Middle Management Allowances (MMA) are not for:
- Extra-curricular activities
- 'Other duties' (e.g. from time, grounds duties, attending meetings, bus duty, etc.)
- Teaching or not teaching any particular class or student (e.g. NCEA classes)
- Any role that is not related to management duties in curriculum or pastoral areas
- Teachers with more than five units
- Senior management responsibilities with five units who do not have designated curriculum management responsibility in addition to their administration role.
MMAs are not to be issued by the level of performance of management duties. Where there are particular issues with the individual performance of management duties, then STCA clause 3.3.1 or 3.3.2 will apply.
The MMA allocation will not depend on people agreeing to undertake additional work.