Please contact the Employment Advisory & Support Centre on 0800 782 435 (Option 2).
NZSTA maintains a list of consultants who are available to assist boards with principal appointment and appraisal who have been reference checked, interviewed and evaluated by NZSTA’s employment advisers.
How can my board access NZSTA Endorsed Consultants?
How do I become an NZSTA Endorsed Consultant?
- Consider the role descriptions below for NZSTA Endorsed and Provisionally Endorsed consultants.
- Fill out an expression of interest form. This tells us about your background and experience, areas of coverage and where you might be available to attend an endorsement workshop.
- Attend an upcoming NZSTA endorsement workshop which outlines what is involved
- Submit an application to become a NZSTA endorsed consultant
- A thorough reference check will be undertaken by NZSTA
- A phone interview will be conducted
- Sign and return the agreement containing the terms and conditions for endorsement
- Your name will be added to our endorsed consultant list and given to boards upon request by NZSTA's advisers
- Annual evaluation occurs to maintain endorsed status
Benefits of using an NZSTA Endorsed or Provisionally Endorsed Consultant
NZSTA can recommend consultants who demonstrate excellent practice and provide effective assistance to boards. These endorsed consultants:
- Demonstrate considerable experience and knowledge
- Have attended NZSTA endorsement workshops
- Have agreed to a common approach to effective process and procedures
- Have undergone a thorough endorsement process
- Are annually evaluated to maintain their endorsed status
Role Descriptions for Endorsed and Consultant Endorsement
We know that every school is unique and the consultant’s service must fit the needs of the school. While maintaining that flexibility, NZSTA endorsed consultants must:
- Work collaboratively and communicate well with boards
- Follow clear and effective processes and adhere to good practice in the sector
- Possess the required knowledge and expertise for good appointment and/or performance review/appraisal outcomes
There are two categories of Endorsement: Provisionally Endorsed and Endorsed.
The complete role descriptions can be downloaded below.
- Role description: Provisionally Endorsed Consultant (docx)
- Role description: Endorsed Consultant (docx)
Benefits of becoming an NZSTA Endorsed Consultant?
NZSTA endorsed and provisionally endorsed consultants are placed on a list and recommended to boards by our advisers. NZSTA endorsed consultants have access to NZSTA’s advisers, advisory and support centre and resources. NZSTA will assist in facilitating networking and professional development opportunities for endorsed consultants.
To indicate your interest in NZSTA endorsement please complete the expression of interest form.