Recruitment & Induction
Using the below resources ensures boards and their delegates have effective and safe recruitment processes. Employers must comply with the requirements of the collective agreements and relevant legislation (e.g. Vulnerable Children Act, Privacy Act, Education Act, Employment Relations Act, State Sector Act) and the following advice and templates provide guidance in this.
The below topics are those most frequently queried in NZSTA’s Advisory and Support Centre.
- Forms and Templates for Appointing Employees
- Safety Checks
- Advertising Requirements
- Fixed Term Appointments
- Principal Appointment
- Endorsed Consultants
- Community of Learning - Kāhui Ako: Recruitment Resources
- Emergency Staffing Scheme (ESS)
- Principal Recruitment Allowance (PRA): Recruitment Resources
- Recruitment Management System (RMS)
- Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
- Trial and Probationary Periods
- Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO)