3.2.2 Advertising and Appointment
The following vacant positions or roles must be advertised in the Education Gazette at least 14 days before the date specified in the advertisement as the closing date for applications, and no appointment (provisional or otherwise) shall be made before that closing date:
- Permanent full-time positions;
- Permanent part-time positions;
- Long-term relieving positions of more than one term;
- Fixed-term full-time positions of more than one term;
- Permanent Community of Schools Teachers (within school) roles, whether full-time or part-time.
Note: It is not necessary to advertise where, by the agreement of the board, an existing permanent full-time employee transfers to a permanent part-time position within the same school.
A Community of Schools Teacher (across community) role is not required to be advertised in the Education Gazette but must be advertised within the Community of Schools. Where the appointment at the end of the initial fixed-term period of up to two years is renewed in accordance with clause 4.23.4, that renewal does not need to be advertised.
A fixed-term Community of Schools Teacher (within school) role, of one school year or less, is not required to be advertised in the Education Gazette, but must be advertised within the school;
In circumstances where clause 4.22.1 applies advertising in the Education Gazette is not required, but the role shall be advertised within the Community of Schools.
The allocation of fixed-term units to an existing teacher does not require the position held by that teacher to be advertised.
No person shall be appointed permanently to any position unless that person is eligible to be appointed to such a position in a state or integrated secondary school.
Employers are required to make available to all applicants on request details of the duties to be carried out and the criteria being adhered to in making that appointment.
Part-time teachers’ hours of work shall be confirmed as follows:
- All part-time teachers shall have their hours of work confirmed in writing on appointment.
- Any agreed changes to permanent hours of work will be confirmed in writing.
- Any non-permanent hours of work that apply for a period of four weeks or more will be confirmed in writing.
- Fixed-term teachers shall, in their letter of appointment, be advised when or how the employment will end and the reason for it ending in that way.