Advisory and Support Centre Governance
The advisory and support centre is here to help you on a strictly confidential basis.
What we offer
Boards of trustees can access advisers on the NZSTA advisory and support centre for all matters relating to governance and employment.
Advisory and Support Centre is open from
- 8am – 8pm, Monday to Thursday and
- 8am – 5pm on Fridays during school terms and
- 8am - 5pm & during the holidays.
Note: For governance advice contact 0800 782 435 (option 1) and for employment advice contact 0800 782 435 (option 2)
The governance advisers on the NZSTA advisory and support centre pride themselves on being able to respond to any question that may be asked relating to governance, including the board's role. The advisory and support centre is staffed by very knowledgeable advisers on governance. They offer their best advice which is based on experience in investigating and answering similar questions and talking to a wide cross-section of trustees from throughout the country.
If you or your board would like help and assistance on topics like these:
- Elections and casual vacancies
- Trustees' roles and responsibilities
- Meeting procedures
- Student suspension procedures
- Meeting those NAG...ing responsibilities:
- Curriculum delivery issues
- Planning self review charters and policies
- Community consultation
- Finance and property
- Health and safety
- General legislation
- Privacy issues and official information requests
- Bus transport issues
- or anything else that may be puzzling your board
Contact the advisory and support centre
0800 782 435 (option 1)
Fax: (04) 473 4706