If it is mutually convenient, the board may agree with the employee on a shorter or longer notice period than the one required by the relevant Collective agreement or IEA. Nothing prevents an employee from giving more than the minimum amount of notice. Please see below the notice required under each of the collective agreements:
- Teachers and Principals: two months’ notice.
- Support Staff: one month notice.
- School Caretakers’ and Cleaners’ (Including Canteen workers): two weeks’ notice.
- Kaiarahi i te Reo, Therapists’ ATSSD and Special Education Assistants’: one month notice.
- Secondary and Area School Groundstaff: two weeks’ notice.
Further information can be found on the Ministry of Education's website.